Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Beginning...

When I sit down to work on a craft, whether it's a page in my scrapbook or a cross-stitch kit, I feel excited.  I enjoy the feeling of creating something that, by the very nature of being crafted, is unique (even kits end up with unique touches, especially if you're like me and often incorporate mistakes into the finished product).  The joy I get from completing a project fuels my desire to do more (sometimes in an obsessive way...don't say I didn't warn you).

Many of my projects are gifts for family (especially my niece and nephew) and friends.  The other projects are often decorations for the beautiful home I share with my husband and two dogs.

My goal with this blog (which is my first, so please be patient), is to not just to show off my projects.  I also hope to provide tips that I learn through my crafting misadventures, inspiration and links to great crafting ideas, and--for the rare occasion when I free-handed a craft--provide the instructions if you ever wish to replicate it.

If any of that sounds appealing to you, feel free to follow along as I continue to try my hand at various crafts!

Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment